Thursday, June 22, 2006

There's a new kid in town


Hello my devoted fans. You must be pulling your hair out wondering what I have been up to since I turned the big ONE. Well, I have been quite busy and I have plenty of pictures to prove it,, but I will save that for later. The big news is that I am going to have a brother or sister come January 14th-ish 2007. I've already gone through all the stages of emotions with this one, shock, disbelief, denial... but have finally reached acceptance and am in a good place mentally. Sure it's going to be hard to share all the individualized attention that I have grown accustom to, but my mother keeps assuring me that her loving a new baby will not make her love me any less. But will it allow her to love me MORE... that's what I'm interested in. Plus she said I could help him/her learn some stuff too, like clapping and rolling over,,, you know.. baby stuff. I like telling people what to do...I've gotten it down to a science... a cute, coy, giggling science, so perhaps this baby will fit right in here.

See the resemblance?

I know what you are all thinking.. I was a much cuter embryo... but don't be so hard on him/her. Theres' still time.

2 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go Lila! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time with your brother (have a feeling it's a boy). If you need to give your parents time to prepare for the arrival of your brother, do come over and stay with us.

I'm so happy this news is announced to public now. We can finally talk about it at the Feast tonight :o)

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lila, as the oldest of four children, I can give you this advice. Though your parents will never forget it, you should start reminding them now - that YOU'RE NUMBER One. Also be prepared to remind your sibling, that the only reason they are here is because you were so good at being Number One your parents just had to have more. Oh and I'd ask for a raise in my allowance in anticipation of all the help you will give your new brother or sister.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home